Each and every person who uses cannabis or marijuana knows that there are a lot of leftovers, i.e. stems, after the usage of marijuana and people then try to use them in any way possible just not to throw them. And it should be noted that these stems can actually be very useful and should not be thrown away.
What are the main usages of stems?
Stems can be used in various ways, and let’s see how:
1. If you have stem leftovers, the most usual way to use them is to make some tea from them. You can make this tea by using water only or you can even make some hot cocoa of it by making these stems with coconut oil. For the preparation of tea, stems need to be decarboxylated and then need to be ground and placed in filter tea bags.
2. Topicals from marijuana have become very popular due to the fact that they are therapeutically used. This can be made with very few stems and some basic appliances and supplies that are found in each and every home. When you prepare this, vitamins that are friendly to the skin are also used as well as some oils, for example, use peppermint, eucalyptus and lavender.
3. Hemp wicks can also be made of those. First of all, you need a sharp blade. Then you should strip the stems that are longer and in this way you should have several fibers that are long and stringy. The fibers are then twisted so that they make a rope, which should be twisted again. This double-twisted fiber should be then dipped in beeswax, and the surplus should be removed and left to dry.
4. Stem pen can be also made and to do this the following is needed: drill press, fatty stalks, sandpaper and pen kit.
5. Believe it or not, you can even make a hemp paper. In order to do this, you should leave the stems you have and some scraps of paper in water and they should stay in water during the night. In the morning, you should put these in a blender and blend them. The blended mixture is then to be put on a screen or a flat surface and left to dry. The drying process should not be longer than 24h, but it is best to remove it before it is dried completely.
6. You can use marijuana stems to make kabobs skewers by making the ends of the stems sharp and then leaving them in water during the night. They can be used in the combination with meat and vegetables, which are then grilled together.
7. The stems can also be used to make baskets. Here, stems should be also left overnight in water just to avoid them breaking. You should first make the center and then weave the rest of the basket.
8. Bubble hash can be extracted from marijuana when it is rinsed with simple cold water. After this, it should be filtered until getting the pure has which can be used for smoking, or even for eating.
9. Believe it or not, stems can be used in the combination with some alcoholic drinks in order to make various cocktails. The only thing you should do is with a stem is to decarboxylate them and then mix them with some alcohol.
10. You can use the stems in order to make cannabutter and then to use it in baking.
Most of the people simply do not use stems in any other way except trying to use them for smoking again. The procedure here is very simple, most of the people simply grind the stems and then smoke them. On the other hand, it should be noted that they do not have the same effect as pure marijuana since they have a lot of fibers. This practically means that they are hotter and they thus create a higher temperature.
This practically means that they would have the function of the strongest cigarette in the world since your throat would be burnt, your lungs as well. All this creates a very bad taste in your mouth.