Weed cigars, also known as Thai sticks or cannagars, canna cigars are on another level comparing to regular tobacco cigars. They are wrapped in cannabis leaves or hemp wraps that use cannabis oil as cigar glue. Apart from purchasing these cigars in selected dispensaries, you can also make your own. They have spicy price which is why people usually opt for making their own. Typical price for canna cigars is around $100, but some types are sold for whooping $10,000. Considering the amount of weed and cannabis rosin concentrate, these cigars can get you high.
The use of cannabis was first mentioned in writing in 2753 BC, by Chinese emperor Shen Nung. By the 14th century, the use was spread to the Middle East, and in 19th century it reached Europe and the United States. In the late 1960’s, Thai sticks, which are the original canna cigars, came to Western cannabis culture. At that time cannabis buds were tied to bamboo skewers, and dipped in hash oil or opium. After that, fibers from the stalk of the marijuana plant were used to wrap it all together. Thai sticks were popular till 1975, and they were replaced with joints, blunts, bongs, and vapes since.
How To Make A Thai Stick
You will need:
- At least 1/8th ounce of freshly harvested and cured cannabis buds, or flower
- A wooden skewer made of bamboo or hemp
- Twine or hemp binding cord
- Cannabis oil
- Fresh fan leaves from the cannabis plant of your choice
- 1/8 of your cannabis needs to be smooshed onto the bamboo stick, whapped up with hemp cord and left in refrigerator for at least 3 days.
- After 3 days,unwind the hemp cord from around the weed on a stick.
- Use cannabis oil or hash old to glue weed on the first layer of pot leaves.
- Wrap the weed on a stick, and overlap the other leaves.
- To rewrap the weed on a stick, use the hemp rope, and then refrigerate for 24hrs.
- After this, use cannabis oil or hars oil again, do the wrapping and refrigerate for another 24hrs.
- Repeat last proces one more time, only this time storing it in a cold, darkened place needs to last at least 2-3 weeks.
- After a couple of weeks, unwrap the hemp cord, pull out the bamboo stick, cut the tip with a pair of scissors, and you will have your Thai Stick.
Thai Stickweed is also known as Thai sativa.
Other Ways For Making Your Own Pot Cigars
To roll your cigar of weed you can either use traditional cigar papers or a premade hemp blunt wrap. In case you are using a cigar or cigarillo to roll a blunt, here is how to do it: cut the blunt lengthwise remove the tobacco, and then use some saliva or water to moist the empty wrapper. For a standard size cigarillo, you will need one to two grams of cannabis. Pack and shape your blunt evenly, and then wrap the cigarillo. Smooth the wrinkles, and make sure to wet the inside of the exposed edge with saliva or water. Run a lighter lengthwise back and forth along the seam to bake your blunt. If you prefer to smoke out of a glass piece, Hemper carries some great bubblers – check it out.
Some of the best blunt wraps manufacturers are Swisher Sweets, Dutch Masters, White Owl, and Zig Zag Cigarillos.
How To Make A Joint Burn Slow
A longer-lasting smoke sesh can be achieved with grinding your weed.
Another thing that affects it, is curing your weed properly and also wrapping it properly. To extend the life of your joint make sure to use hemp blunt wraps, canna wraps, or fibrous corn husk rolling papers. Also, wrap your joint tightly and wrap it with multiple sheets. Another thing that slows down the burn rate is cannabis oil cigar glue or wax you use to seal the cannabis cigar or cigarillo for weed.
Buying A Canna Cigar
In case you want to try the best of canna cigars and don’t mind spending the money on it, you should try Artisan Canna Cigars. They have three and a half grams of pressed Forbidden Fruit cannabis strain, 34 g of Gelato 33 strain rosin, and a half a gram of Kings Kush dry-sifted kief. They use Blue River Terpenes to seal outer leaves. You can purchase Artisan Canna Cigars only in California and Washington, and the price of one cigar is about $200.
In case you want to go overboard and spend more money, you can even find a canna cigar wrapped in a layer of 24-karat, edible gold leaf. These ones will cost you about $10,000.
We made a list of 5 reasons for you to try canna cigars:
1. If getting high is your thing, then this is for you. Canna cigars contain potent pot, marijuana leaf and some concentrate.
2. One of the most popular forms of canna cigars, which are easy to make, are Thai sticks.
3. You can make your own canna cigar and it doesn’t take that much effort. You can even use a beginner cigar kit to make them.
4. You can avoid tobacco exposure by using a hemp blunt wrap or canna wraps.
5. In case you don’t know what to do with your money, you can easily spend $100 to $420 on a canna cigar.
It is not easy to find dispensaries that are selling canna cigars, but if you are in California or Washington, you can find them. Or you can make your own with the instructions we gave you. Good luck!